Easy and Adorable Reindeer Cupcake Recipe
Easy and Adorable Reindeer Cupcake Recipe
If you are looking for a super fast AND adorable cupcake for this Holiday Season, I have the perfect one for you! These reindeer cupcakes are not only delicious, but easy enough to make with the kids. It’s one of the quickest and easiest cupcakes my kids have made: Easy and Adorable Reindeer Cupcake Recipe.
Reindeer Cupcake Recipe
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, soft, plus 4 tbsp.
- ¼ cup softened shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBSP Red Velvet extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. Red gel food color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix with a wire whisk.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter, shortening and sugar until it is light and creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, red velvet extract, and red gel food coloring.
- Mix well.
- Add flour and buttermilk, 1/2 of each at a time, mix until completely combined.
- Spoon the batter into the lined cupcake tins until 2/3’s filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake tins to a wire rack until totally cooled.
[amazon_link asins=’B073P4RPFP,B0053FZ6RY,B00IGNMUNI’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’858d9b30-d240-11e8-b0b0-29278ca15b73′]
- 1 C unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 C cocoa powder
- 3 C powder sugar
- 3/4 C heavy cream
- Wilton’s Reindeer decoration kit
- Beat the softened butter alone until smooth.
- Add cocoa and powder sugar alternately with heavy cream into the creamed butter until it becomes a smooth and thick texture.
- If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, if too thin, add more powder sugar.
- Scoop frosting into a large pastry bag with a large round tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push frosting to the tip.
- Frost cupcakes beginning from the outside edge to the center.
- Refer to the picture of the reindeer cupcake for additional details.
- Place the antlers on each side of the frosted cupcake. Each antler should face each other.
- Add the black candy for the nose then place the two eyes just above the nose.
- For the girl reindeer add a red bow right between the antlers.
[amazon_link asins=’B01HQ9T4H2,B01BV4E68U,B0711V4BM5′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a571f9de-d240-11e8-a1c1-71c4cc7f53fe’]
As you can see, this recipe is not only super easy, but it’s absolutely adorable! I have to make treats for their Teachers and staff over the next two days, and this cupcake is sure to be a hit.
Have you made these or other cute Holiday cupcakes? Share your pictures with us on our Facebook page, we would love to share them!
[amazon_link asins=’B01N3JJNRB,B00YFPTXUE,B01HQHQ00S’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c4522ddc-d240-11e8-b3b9-95c80f849d44′]
Thank you for your visit and your support.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read our post. I hope that you are able to make this recipe and come back to tell us about it! If you would like to share pictures with us so we can share them, feel free to email us or share on our social media channels. If you love this post, please consider helping us by sharing it with your friends and Family, we really do appreciate it!!!
As always, this post may contain affiliate links and we appreciate you so much for shopping through them, as it helps support our site’s costs at no additional charge to you.
27 thoughts on “Easy and Adorable Reindeer Cupcake Recipe”
These are cute. Pinned!
Thank you very much Sandra!
Thank you very much for pinning it!!
Those are so adorable! I love that it’s not that difficult to make either, perfect for a baking newbie like me. Thanks for the recipe and the tips!
These cupcakes are absolutely adorable! I will keep this idea in mind for next Christmas!
aww these are so adorable! i haven’t baked for christmas this year as i have been quite busy with moving out and in but i’ll keep this recipe for next year!
I love those reindeer cupcakes. What a fun way to celebrate the holiday season. I bet they are very tasty.
Great job! I think these are adorable…and I bet they are delish!
Those are so cute. I know my kids would love to help me make reindeer cupcakes.
These Reindeer Cupcakes are so cute! I think I would need to practice a few times to get the decorating down as well as you have!
I am totally making these. These are too cute not to!
Awe, these are such a sweet treat. They look really good!
Such adorable little reindeers. My son saw and now he wants some lol. I bet they are delcious
I needed a chocolate frosting recipe. Saving this one for future baking. They look just as adorable as they look tasty. Very cute!
These are super cute! I love that with a simple bow you can have boy and girl reindeer! Saved & Pinned.
These really are adorable. I’m going to make them for my Christmas potluck!
Those are so very adorable! I love that easy to make, perfect for a bakers like me. Thanks for the recipe and the tips!
Wow you are so creative and have a wider imagination! These reindeer cupcake turns out to be the cutest, and gives that wide smile! Awesome!
You’re 100% right: these are adorable AND they do seem pretty easy to make too. I’ll have to give these a whirl for next Christmas x
Omg how good do these cupcakes look! Almost too good to eat. I actually have a holiday party (the last one of the season) and I need ot bring a dessert. This would be perfect.
I’m a big baker and I love making cupcakes. These are so clever and adorable. I need to try to make these!
These cupcakes are so very cute! I love to make themed cupcakes for the kiddos.
Oh my gosh! How fun are these. Wish I had seen these earlier my kids would have loved them