Vegetable Pasta Sauce Recipe
This is such a simple, yet delicious recipe anyone can make.
Weather you’re looking for a regular meaty Pasta Recipe (just add meat), or you are looking for a Vegetarian Pasta Sauce Recipe;
This recipe will make your tummy happy…
Basically for this you can use almost any veggies you already have…
- 1/2 onion
- 1 large garlic, clove (or 2 small ones)
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper (any color is fine)
- 1 bottle of tomato sauce ( 24 oz)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor blend the onion, garlic, peppers and eggplant until finely chopped. Shred the carrots. Heat a large pot and add 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Then add all the vegetables. Saute for a good 5 or 8 minutes, or until buy xanax online australia they are soft. Next add the diced tomato. On medium heat, allow the tomato to break down and cook for another 5 minutes.
- All the vegetables should have turned into a “big mushy” type of consistency. Now pour the tomato sauce and half of that of hot water. This part really is more of a personal taste. Some folks like their tomato sauce a little more saucy than others.
- Season with salt and pepper and lower the heat. Let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes or so.
- Check your seasoning. If you added more water you may need to add an extra Tbsp of Italian seasoning or even salt. Once it’s done cooking, you may want to add the Parmesan cheese at this point. Stir again.
- Serve over hot noodles and garnish with shredded basil leaves.