Mini Lattice Apple Pies
Since moving into our new home in September, I have made it a point to cook and bake more often. My Husband would do about 90% of the cooking for us since I was usually sick, on bed rest, or having bad pain days. I have begun with a slow pace, giving myself easy recipes I can make. This recipe for Mini Lattice Apple Pies is great year round, but especially during these cold days! [Read more…]
20 Game Day Wing Recipes You Will Love!
Football season is in full swing. Some of us check the standings from week to week to see where we might end up come playoff time. No matter what team you support, one thing is always true…game day wings are a MUST! So get your fryers or ovens fired up because here are 20 Game Day Wing Recipes You Will Love! Sure bet to get you prepared for kickoff! [Read more…]
Vegetable Pasta Sauce Recipe
This is such a simple, yet delicious recipe anyone can make.
Weather you’re looking for a regular meaty Pasta Recipe (just add meat), or you are looking for a Vegetarian Pasta Sauce Recipe;
This recipe will make your tummy happy…
Basically for this you can use almost any veggies you already have…
- 1/2 onion
- 1 large garlic, clove (or 2 small ones)
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper (any color is fine)
- 1 bottle of tomato sauce ( 24 oz)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor blend the onion, garlic, peppers and eggplant until finely chopped. Shred the carrots. Heat a large pot and add 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Then add all the vegetables. Saute for a good 5 or 8 minutes, or until buy xanax online australia they are soft. Next add the diced tomato. On medium heat, allow the tomato to break down and cook for another 5 minutes.
- All the vegetables should have turned into a “big mushy” type of consistency. Now pour the tomato sauce and half of that of hot water. This part really is more of a personal taste. Some folks like their tomato sauce a little more saucy than others.
- Season with salt and pepper and lower the heat. Let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes or so.
- Check your seasoning. If you added more water you may need to add an extra Tbsp of Italian seasoning or even salt. Once it’s done cooking, you may want to add the Parmesan cheese at this point. Stir again.
- Serve over hot noodles and garnish with shredded basil leaves.
21 Mouth Watering Mexican Recipes
As the colder weather makes us spend more time indoors, I seem to run out of ideas for new dinners. I love finding recipes to include in round-up posts because not only does it give me many new ideas, but it helps you as well! It’s a Win-Win!
Need some meal planning inspiration? Here are 21 Mouth Watering Mexican Recipes that we can all add to our dinner list. Enjoy!
30 Slow Cooker Entrees your Family will Love!
Meal planning is definitely trending as we all want to save time and money. One of the easiest ways to get those meals prepped and ready is with the magic of the slow cooker. Here are 30 Slow Cooker Entrees your Family will Love! Perfect for those busy weeks where you’d love to have dinner ready to serve when you get home.
As a Mom of 6 I am always on the run once the kids are out of school. From after School sports, to after School clubs, [Read more…]
I have a surprise!!! After many weeks, I finally got the courage to ask a wonderful friend, who’s blog I LOVE, if she would like to do a Foodie Friday weekly post on my blog. She said “YES!” ;D I am so excited to share with you my friend, her blog, and great recipes. Meet Aricka, writer and great cook on Shamrocks and Shenanigans. She is a Mom, a Wife to a brave Fire Fighter, and she has recipes that make me wish I would get off of my couch ;D If you love food (because who doesn’t?) visit her blog, you won’t be sorry 😉 Now without further ado, here is Aricka’s 1st post, for “Fall Fridays” on Foodie Friday post…
Hi Everyone! I’m Shamrock and Shenanigans and I was so kindly asked to write a Friday post of Fall recipes for my buddy Adventures of a Military Family of 8. If you follow my blog, you know I love to cook. I like it all. I cook the recipes that are quite time consuming but my favorite are the ones you toss together and get on the dinner table in no time. Being that I started with a full house of four bratty kids, I can appreciate that time is limited and the kids are hungry. [Read more…]