As a Military Family we are used to spending meals apart, so we make it a point to eat together every chance we get. From the shopping to the cooking, it becomes a Family affair. The entire Family shops together,
and our go-to store is Smart & Final. We’re there 3-4 times a week, and as a Family of 8 it completely satisfies our needs. Today we were running errands all day and when we were about to go home, I realized that I had nothing for dinner. So a quick stop to Smart & Final was the “smart” move 😉 …
This week the First Street Fresh Whole Chicken Twin Pack is $ .79 per lb. I LOVE Smart & Final’s First Street brand, because it’s always quality products at great prices. First Street fresh whole chickens are grade A. Quality, freshness, and low prices, that’s what I think of Smart & Final!
We bought a twin pack of the First Street fresh whole chickens. When I say fresh, I mean fresh, no freezing here! I came home, washed the chicken while the girls peeled and cut the veggies, dinner was in the oven in less than 10 minutes!!!
The amount of “Yum” this recipe has, makes for a super-happy Family 😉
From the oven with Lovin’
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
1 whole fresh First Street chicken
2-4 potatoes *
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper**
1/4 tsp. rosemary**
1/2 tsp. all purpose seasoning**
1/2 tsp. chicken seasoning**
2 tbs. butter**
1 tbs. minced onions**
garlic I use 1/8 tsp. per chicken**
- wash chicken & pat dry
- add dabs of butter inside of skin & outside of chicken
- season chicken with seasoning salts
- spread carrots & potatoes around chicken (I like to place carrots on bottom so potatoes don’t become too soft)
- lightly season veggies (you DON’T have to season veggies, juices will have plenty of seasoning)
- inside of chicken cavity add rosemary, lemon pepper, garlic, onions, 1/2 tsp. of butter, 1/2 tsp. of seasonings salts/spices, 1/4 cup of water (water is NOT needed, chicken will produce juices as well)
- season outside of chicken to your liking (I like to sprinkle rosemary lightly over the veggies)
- cover in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (depending on your oven), uncover and broil for about 3-5 minutes for a crunchy skin; YUM!
*= depending on size **= varies to your liking ***= I spray the inside of my foil with cooking spray
I hope your Family loves this recipe as much as we do. We typically have it once a week, the kids LOVE helping with preparation & consumption; and cleaning is all left up to me 😉 We like to eat this meal with steamed rice and corn, what sides do you like?