Recipe for the Best Christmas Cookies Ever!
I have posted many recipes in my lifetime but none that I love as much as this one! The flavors and design are the cutest things ever to go on a Holiday table! The kids had so much fun making these cookies last year and decided to make them as gifts this year. Thank you very much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy our Recipe for the Best Christmas Cookies Ever!
This is our Recipe for the Best Christmas Cookies Ever!
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
Circle, Christmas tree, and mini reindeer
[amazon_link asins=’B06Y5NMPTJ,B01IF2PUF4,B0758H1R39,B07GTWYWRV,B001D1FJ2E’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fee627e4-cd0f-11e8-8c35-b9368c5e66eb’]
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth and not grainy to the touch.
- Add eggs…Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours (best if left overnight).
Now the fun begins!
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Put flour on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into the batter. (if needed).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- 4 egg whites
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar at a time.
- Divide the icing into 4 equal bowls.
- The first bowl of icing add brown to make light brown.
- The second bowl of icing, add several drops of brown.
- The third bowl of icing remains white.
- The fourth bowl, add a few drops of green color.
- Using 4 number #2 tips fitted onto piping bags, scoop some icing into each bag.
- Thin out the green icing left in the bowl using a tsp of water
- pipe an edge using the green icing around the tree.
- Fill in with the thinner green icing.
- Let dry for 2-3 hours.
- Decorate the reindeer according to the picture.
- Let dry for another 3 hours
- Place Christmas tree circle cookie and prop it in place for 35 minutes
- Place the reindeer on the cookie.
- Let dry for 2 hours.
[amazon_link asins=’B01IT179W8,B01N2YMMIG,B0764M2JXY,B0725GYNG6,B0759V7YPH’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5f14eb58-cd0f-11e8-aa2c-8de018e92dd5′]
One of my favorite thing to do during the Holidays is to make gifts for the Teachers in my children’s schools. Do the math, that’s 4 kids in 4 different schools and a lot of favorite Teachers. The thing I love about that is that the kids make these gifts themselves, they put in effort and love into this gift; it makes them proud of themselves when they hear all of the compliments. Do you make Holiday cookies for gifts? Let us know and show us on our social media channels; we would love to share your creations!
Thank you for your visit and your support.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read our post. I hope that you are able to make this recipe and come back to tell us about it! If you would like to share pictures with us so we can share them, feel free to email us or share on our social media channels. If you love this post, please consider helping us by sharing it with your friends and Family, we really do appreciate it!!!
As always, this post may contain affiliate links and we appreciate you so much for shopping through them, as it helps support our site’s costs at no additional charge to you.