Summer is right around the corner and that means it’s the perfect time to prep outdoor activities for the kids. Keep in mind that kids get tired of the same old thing, so they need activities switched up a little bit. If you will be spending some time outdoors with your kids, you need to check out these 7 unique outdoor activities for kids.
Unique outdoor activities:
- Obstacle course: Create an obstacle course for your kids, they’ll love this. Use your imagination and what you have on hand to create an obstacle course.
- Hula hooping: When was the last time you hula hooped? News flash: kids love hula hopping and it’s an awesome opportunity for them to get some exercise.
- Water slide: While this isn’t a rare activity, it’s a fun one! However, a water slide isn’t something that parents do for their kids all of the time. Give it a try and see how much your kids love it.
- Berry picking: Have you thought about taking your kids berry picking? It’s a wonderful opportunity to explore and get in touch with nature. Do a little research, so you know what is poisonous and what’s not.
- Walking trails: Another great option for a unique outdoor activity is to walk trails. Look up local trails in your area. Most of the time the trails are free!
- Doing a woodworking project: If you really want a unique opportunity for your kids, then do a woodworking project with them. You’d be surprised as to how good kids can be when it comes to doing woodworking.
- Joining in on 4-H: And last but not least, another great activity to do with your kids is to get involved in 4-H. This is a local program that your kids can explore and really get the hang of.
There is just something amazing and freeing about being outside with those little ones of yours. When it comes down to it, there’s so much you can do outside, you just need to be creative. If you could choose any of these activities to do outside, which one would you choose first?