Summer break is quickly approaching. How will you spend your summer break at home? For those of us who don’t go to Florida every other week, we need something to do right here in the comfort of our own homes. Here are 8 ways to enjoy summer break at home.
Enjoy Summer Break
- Take a walk: Since you have time this summer, why not take a walk. You will enjoy the scenery and seeing things you don’t normally get to see.
- Jump on the trampoline: A trampoline is an awesome investment, so this is one way you’ll want to enjoy your summer break at home. Why not jump with the kids? They’ll love seeing you let loose and have a little fun.
- Plant a flower garden: Need something to do to keep you busy this summer? Check into planting a flower garden. It’s amazing how beautiful a flower garden can be. Ask the kids to help you as well. Since you have extra time this summer, you can easily plant a flower garden and have fun doing son.
- Spend time coloring with the kids: Are you looking for things to do with your kids this summer? Make it simple and spend some time coloring with them. Coloring is an awesome way to relax and waste the time. You don’t have to be serious while you’re coloring and the kids love it as well.
- Spend an evening making a special dinner for the family: Have extra time this summer break at home? Spend an evening a week making a special dinner for the family. Life can get hectic and a home cooked meal can be rare.
- Call on old friend to catch up: A summer break at home is always nice, especially when you can call on an old friend to catch up. Sometimes social media ruins a true friendship, so don’t be afraid to reach out and actually call that old friend.
- Go to bed on time: One of the best things you can do for yourself this summer is to go to bed on time. It’s so worth it to your health when you actually take the time to go to bed on time. You’ll thank yourself every morning for getting plenty of rest.
- Catch up on reading your favorite magazines: When you can’t think of anything else to do, make sure you take the time to catch up on your favorite magazines. There’s just something about sitting back and reading that is good for the soul.
7 thoughts on “8 Ways to Enjoy Summer Break at Home”
These are great ways to enjoy summer break! I love your tip about going to bed on time. This is one that we are going to implement this summer. I don’t like the sleep deprivation when we have so much going on. Thanks and I am sure to share these with my friends.
I think summer vacation is the perfect time to find passion. Outside of school, kids can learn more stuff they are interested in. This can be related to art, music, house chores, or recreational stuff. Improving on social skills is also good.
I can’t believe it is already time to think about summer break! I know that my kids are already excited and trying to make plans for the summer time. Great list of things to do during the summer break.
I am counting down the days until summer break. I’m not sure that I’ve ever been this excited about it before. These ideas are all wonderful — and #2 is so much fun, plus it counts as exercise!
We will likely spend a lot of our summer in the garden and at the park. We also spend a lot of time around cars, so going to races and things like that. I can’t wait for school to be out and the kids and I to have some free time together.
These are all great ideas! You just reminded me that my boyfriend’s sister-in-law has a big trampouline in their yard. I might just pay a visit soon 😉
What a refreshing list! I took a walk with my daughter this evening for the first time in awhile and it got me excited for summer! It’s great to be intentional with our summers and this list is perfect for that!
Comments are closed.