Summer is quickly approaching and that means your kids are going to get hungry. You suddenly need to think of several snack items to feed them. There’s just something about summer and kids getting hungrier. Maybe it’s all of that extra energy they are burning off that’s making them hungrier. If you’re looking for some healthier summer snack options, give these 9 healthy summer snacks a try.
9 Healthy Summer Snacks
- Fruit: This is always a great option when it comes to summer time and kids! Kids love to eat fruit and since summer means fruit is in season, it can also be pretty inexpensive. Load up on strawberries, oranges, and bananas and let your kids have a hay day!
- Popcorn: I love this snack idea because it is also pretty frugal for the summertime, but it’s also healthy and yummy. Feed your kids popcorn as an option for a summer snack!
- Veggies: This isn’t a surprise for the healthy food department, but veggies make for the perfect healthy summer snack! Carrots, broccoli, and celery are all great options that are perfect for on the go as well.
- Water: There is no shame in giving your kids water as a healthy summer snack. They will need the hydration because you know they’ll be outside playing a ton. Kids stay healthy when they get plenty of liquids in them.
- Homemade crackers: If you’re looking for something yummy to snack on with your kids this summer, consider making homemade crackers. This is a delicious way to give your kids a healthy alternative to preservative filled crackers you get from the store. Homemade crackers are also pretty easy to make.
- Cheese: A healthy high fat snack that your kids will love is also known as cheese. Cheese is easy to stick in some baggies and bring with you. In fact, it’s also pretty inexpensive and very filling. Feel free to pair cheese with pepperonis to add some protein.
- Peanut butter: If you’re looking for a way to fill up your kids this summer and make sure they also eat healthy, go for the peanut butter. Peanut butter is filling and very yummy to most children, so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting them to eat it as a healthy summer snack.
- Dried fruit: Guess what? If you’re sick of regular fruit, make your kids dried fruit for this summer. They’ll love trying something new.
What is your go to snack for the summer months? I’d love to hear your healthy summer snack suggestions!