Recipe for the Cutest Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Patch Cookies
Are you looking for snack ideas to serve at your Fall festival or Halloween party? The perfect option is Recipe for the Cutest Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Patch Cookies! Super easy step-by-step pictures for delicious sugar cookies and royal icing recipes. Make Disney theme Halloween and Thanksgiving day cookies everyone will love! We made these last year and I am excited to make them this year for Halloween, Thanksgiving and give them a special twist for Christmas!
Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Patch Cookie
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pumpkin cookie cutter
- cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2 piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
- squeeze bottle
- Brown, green, and orange food coloring
Pumpkin Patch Mickey Mouse
[amazon_link asins=’B06WGWYZH3,B00DQR50V8,B0769Y2H9B’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’95ee3e33-d0fa-11e8-80e3-775cfe459e66′]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a standing mixer, combine butter, powder sugar, egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined and fluffy
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Gradually add in the flour to the wet mixture and mix on low speed until combined
- Once all the flour has been combined with the wet ingredients, sprinkle some flour onto a cutting board and knead with your hands until everything is combined
- Sprinkle flour onto the cutting board and roll out the dough to 2 inches thick
- Use the cookie cutter and cut your shapes
- Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- Place onto a wire rack to cool
[amazon_link asins=’B000R4LD1Y,B00KW6F8V8,B073JBM38K’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’cd94ea83-d0fa-11e8-883a-f95bd19369d4′]
- In a standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes
- Split icing into three bowls and get ready to add the food coloring into the bowls.
- Take out 4 TBSP of icing into one bowl adding several drops of brown food coloring. Mixing well.
- Remove another 6 TBSP of icing into another bowl adding several drops of green food coloring, mix well.
- Put the rest of the icing into a third bowl adding in several drops of orange food coloring. Stir to mix the color throughout the white icing.
- Scoop about a third of the orange icing into a piping bag with a #2 tip to outline the cookie.
- With the remaining orange icing add 1-3 TBSP of water (start with 1 TBSP first as you want it to be thick and runny) If the icing does appear to be “soupy” then add 1/4 cup of powder sugar to thicken it.
- Spoon some of the thinner icing onto the cookie, spread this icing on the cookie, except for the pumpkin stem) using a knife or a candy bottle.
- Allow this to dry for about 30 seconds.
- Using the cookie in the picture as an example add the detail work on the pumpkins with the piping bag of orange icing. Allow the detail to dry for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop the brown icing into a piping bag with a #2 tip.
- Scoop the green icing into a piping bag with a #2 tip.
- Add the brown icing for the stem and the green icing for the vines on the top of the pumpkin. (Refer to the picture of the cookies for an example)
- Allow the icing on the cookie to dry for 5-10 hours.
For more great Halloween content, check out our amazing recipes:
- Kid’s Halloween Party Treats – Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas
Thank you for your visit and your support.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read our post. I hope that you are able to make this recipe and come back to tell us about it! If you would like to share pictures with us so we can share them, feel free to email us or share on our social media channels. If you love this post, please consider helping us by sharing it with your friends and Family, we really do appreciate it!!!
As always, this post may contain affiliate links and we appreciate you so much for shopping through them, as it helps support the costs of our site at no additional charge to you.
[amazon_link asins=’B0725GYNG6,B0759V7YPH,B0764M2JXY,B00HEXQGFE,B07DMNBHZB,1118338618,1846077850′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’dd14bc5a-cc00-11e8-b188-d9310b3b7aa9′]