Disgustingly Oozy Brain Cake
If you are looking for the grossest, ooziest, slimiest, most disgusting cake for Halloween; look no further! My kids and I made the Disgustingly Oozy Brain Cake and it’s every kids dream cake! As if the look wasn’t perfect enough for Halloween, wait until you see the surprise reaction your guests will have when they see what comes out of the cake!!!
Having a Son with a birthday the day before Halloween has always given me an extra challenge, the challenge of making him the perfect Halloween cake. I have made many cakes for him, from a blue monster, to a martian, to a skull cake…
(see our Skull cake on our Instagram page here)
but the Disgustingly Oozy Brain Cake definitely beats out any other cake I have ever made for him.
Disgustingly Oozy Brain Cake
Now it’s time for the fun part, let’s make this bad boy!
For the brain filling we used 2 lbs of strawberries and 1 cup of sugar
Disgustingly Oozy Brain Cake- Halloween Cake.
Save some “brain matter” for a fresh oozing look when your guests arrive
And now for the grand finale…
I hope you enjoy this video, if you think we did a great job; we would definitely appreciate it if you would share with your friends and Family…
During the video you can see that this was a one shot deal, literally. My Daughter held the camera while I cut the cake and win or loose we had to keep what we recorded. I am so proud of this cake because it was an idea that came to mind and instantly we got to work on it. The kids helped with baking, cooking the filling, assembling the cake, arranging brain matter, and even taking video; it was definitely a Family adventure. Since there was so much cake for just us, we sent over half of the cake to our neighbors and I had to send the video so they could understand why there was so much filling ~insert giggles~
A few important tips:
- Make sure brain filling is completely cooled before adding to cake or your cake will be extra gooey (in a bad way)
- If time allows, chill cake without filling for as long as time allows (the longer you chill it for, the longer it will hold the filling inside)
- If possible, refrigerate the cake before you set it out for display, and pour some of the saved filling on the top of the brain so it will be oozing for your guests.
- Remember, this is a one shot deal, the Oozy part will only happen once; so cut the cake when everyone is present
- Make sure you have everyone at your party gathered around behind/besides you when you cut the cake so they can see the “Ta-dah moment”
- Enjoy being the coolest Halloween party on the block!!!
Of course we had some batter left over so we decided to make cupcakes, when the main cake was finished the kids decided to make matching cupcakes and they came out amazing! These of course did not (but can) have any filling inside, but poured over the top still gave it a great Halloween look!
For more great Halloween content, check out our amazing recipes:
- Kid’s Halloween Party Treats – Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas
Thank you for your visit and your support.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read our post. I hope that you are able to make this recipe and come back to tell us about it! If you would like to share pictures with us so we can share them, feel free to email us or share on our social media channels. If you love this post, please consider helping us by sharing it with your friends and Family, we really do appreciate it!!!
As always, this post may contain affiliate links and we appreciate you so much for shopping through them, as it helps support the costs of our site at no additional charge to you.