Can you believe summer is here? I love summer because the kids are home from school and we get to spend extra time with them. However, it’s also important that I spend time with my spouse as well. There are ways to spruce up your marriage during the summer months.
How to spice up your Marriage this Summer:
- Have a Bonfire- After the kids have gone to bed, sit outside together and have a bonfire. This is a fun way to spend time together after a long day. You can just sit and watch the fire together or you can roast marshmallows and hotdogs. Have fun with it.
- Stargaze- Summer nights are for watching the stars. No matter how long you have been married, laying a blanket out on the grass and gazing at the stars never gets old. Who knows, you may just fall asleep in each other’s arms. Stargazing can be so romantic.
- Have a Picnic in the Park- Picnics aren’t just for families, it’s the perfect way to spice up your marriage this summer. Get a sitter and head to the park. This is a great idea if you want to keep your “date” night expenses low as well. A picnic in the park can be a nice way to relax and just catch up on life.
- Have a Late Night Dinner Together- Something that I love doing for my husband is having a late night dinner together. I love making dinner for my husband and it’s the perfect way to spruce up our marriage during the summer months. We love to have dinner and then go sit on the front porch and just enjoy each other. It can be a lot of fun being married.
- Bake Together- Everything seems to happen after the kids go to bed, however, once they are in bed, we often bake together. I’ll let him pick out the dessert and together we’ll make it and enjoy it. This can really spice up a marriage because you get to spend time together and eat something sweet together.
These are five ways that I enjoy spending time with my spouse. I’d love to hear of ways in which you spend time with yours. Summer time is right around the corner, spend extra time with your spouse sprucing up your marriage and making things even spicier. Can I get an AMEN?