Mini Lattice Apple Pies
Since moving into our new home in September, I have made it a point to cook and bake more often. My Husband would do about 90% of the cooking for us since I was usually sick, on bed rest, or having bad pain days. I have begun with a slow pace, giving myself easy recipes I can make. This recipe for Mini Lattice Apple Pies is great year round, but especially during these cold days!
There is nothing like a warm apple pie, even better when it’s mini pies because it feels like I eat less!
Mini Lattice Apple Pies *Makes 12 Mini Pies
- 4-5 medium apples
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter (divided into 12 pieces)
- Peel and chop apples into ½ inch cubes
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add chopped apples and stir to lightly coat all apple pieces
- Roll out your piecrust onto a flat surface and cut out several circles until you have enough crusts. (I used a wide mouth Mason Jar lid and it worked perfect.)
- Line each muffin tin with your mini pie crust and fill the crusts with your apple mixture.
- Add a small piece of chilled butter onto the top of each mini pie.
- Use your second pie crust to make the top crust for pies
- Brush the crusts lightly with butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, baking pies for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy!! ☺
You can also use this recipe for canned apple pie filling