Adorable Turkey Sugar Cookie Recipe
The countdown has already started, Thanksgiving is a week away! Are you finalizing some of your cooking and baking recipes? This Adorable Turkey Sugar Cookie Recipe with directions will help you add a cute touch to those kid’s tables. Share your final pictures with me when you’re done. I’d love to see your masterpieces.
Turkey Sugar Cookie
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup softened unsalted sweet cream butter
Turkey (Want to know a secret? It’s an ice cream cone cookie cutter!!!)
[amazon_link asins=’B000Y1Q7I4,B005G87JB4,B01N9SPNZV’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’22f2063c-d216-11e8-8adf-79f96af54980′]
- cream butter, sugar, vanilla and egg in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- in a small bowl add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- gradually pour in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl and mix until well combined.
- once all ingredients are mixed and a dough ball has formed. (if still sticky add in a half cup of flour and mix until a firm ball of dough forms.) place dough into a ziplock bag or in a bowl with foil to place on top.
- place in fridge for 2 hours so that the dough can rise. it won’t double in size like bread dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the cookie dough onto a cutting board with some flour added on it with a rolling pin.
- Start cutting out the cookies with the cookie cutter with the prepared dough.
- Transfer these cookies to a parchment lined cookie cutter.
- Bake the cookies on 250 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Watch carefully.
- Remove from the oven allowing the cookies to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Take off of the cookie sheet and put on wire racks to completely cool.
[amazon_link asins=’B0026RHI3M,B00030CGKY,B001BOB7Z6′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’448a5565-d216-11e8-92fd-d510c96f6a68′]
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Brown, red, orange, yellow and black gel food coloring
- separate the egg yolk from the whites. put the egg whites into a mixing bowl and trash the rest of the egg.
- add the sugar, cream of tarter and vanilla to the egg whites.
- beat on medium speed for 6 minutes.
- if the icing has a yellow color and looks like soup add in more powder sugar. about 1 cup.
- once the icing is done, pour it into a container that has a lid to it.
- divide the icing into 5 bowls. Put more of the white icing into the bowl for brown and less into the other bowls for the other colors.
- add in a few drops of brown coloring into the brown bowl and mix until combined. add in more brown to get the brown that you want for the turkey. repeat the steps for the rest of the colors.
- scoop a small amount of the icing colors into 5 different piping bags that have a #2 icing tip on the bottom.
- for the brown icing. add in 1-3 tablespoons of water to thin the icing out. you want it to be thick and runny, not soup like. If it is soup like add in 1/4 cup of powder sugar to thicken it.
[amazon_link asins=’B00OY16EME,B0019INEVY,B071P7WY5P’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’58343580-d216-11e8-b565-39f28763ae11′]
- Outline each of the cookies in icing. Allow to dry for about 30 seconds before filling in the cookie with the thinner icing.
- Following the picture of the turkey add the dots to the tail feathers.
- using the yellow icing make turkey’s feet then add the yellow dots.
- Second using the orange icing add the nose on the turkey and then the orange dots on the tail.
- Third, using the red icing add the waddle and the red dots also on the tail.
- Lastly add the eye of the turkey with one black dot.
- Allow the cookies to dry from 5-10 hours.
I have been making these cooking for over two years now and I love how cute they look! The kids love giving these to their Teachers and friends right before the Thanksgiving day break. My kids look for any excuse to make cookies and give them away as gifts, they especially love the reactions their creations get! Do you make cookies to give as gifts?
[amazon_link asins=’B0742J5JYL,B01H58V3QE,B01LRXTNNS’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’adveofamilifa-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’81176e68-d216-11e8-8ff9-8d38d2f60dff’]
Thank you for your visit and your support.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read our post. I hope that you are able to make this recipe and come back to tell us about it! If you would like to share pictures with us so we can share them, feel free to email us or share on our social media channels. If you love this post, please consider helping us by sharing it with your friends and Family, we really do appreciate it!!!
As always, this post may contain affiliate links and we appreciate you so much for shopping through them, as it helps support our site’s costs at no additional charge to you.
2 thoughts on “Adorable Turkey Sugar Cookie Recipe”